Based on claim ratio, the top health insurance companies in India are:
- Star Health Insurance (99.5%)
- Care Health Insurance (99.4%)
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance (99.3%)
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance (99.2%)
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance (99.1%)
Claim ratio is the percentage of claims that are paid out by an insurance company. A higher claim ratio indicates that an insurance company is more likely to pay out claims, which is a good sign for policyholders.
It is important to note that claim ratio is just one factor to consider when choosing a health insurance company. Other factors to consider include the company’s financial strength, customer service, and network of hospitals.
Here are some of the benefits of buying health insurance from a company with a high claim ratio:
- Increased peace of mind: Knowing that your claims are likely to be paid out can give you peace of mind, knowing that you will be covered in the event of an illness or injury.
- Improved access to care: Companies with a high claim ratio are more likely to have a strong network of hospitals and doctors, which can make it easier for you to get the care you need when you need it.
- Reduced financial stress: If you are ever faced with a large medical bill, having health insurance can help you reduce the financial stress that comes with it.